Sunday, April 23, 2017

On The Bat's Back


My day was supposed to take on a well planned course.

But here it is - thanks to social media & compliments of Twitter - it is now going in a completely different direction. 

It's going "on the bat's back".

Checked Twitter this morning pour prendre l'air, as the French say - or in layman's terms - just to beat a bit around the virtual bushes and found out that #ShakespeareSunday is trending. 

It is Shakespeare's anniversary's today, as it has constantly been over the past 400 years this time of the year...so why all the fuss that suddenly stirs me up?

Nothing material. 
Somewhere in between my organized list of to do's for the day and the focus needed, a truant disposition (Horatio's words in Hamlet) has inserted itself in my brain and viciously flooded it with these lines:


On the bat’s back I do fly
After summer merrily:
Merrily, merrily shall I live now
Under the blossom that hangs on the bough.”
(The Tempest, Act V. Scene I).

My chores and timelines for the day are beginning to fade. 

I am on the bat's back now.

Flying high.

Merrily, merrily. 




No comments:

Popular Posts