Saturday, March 03, 2018
Winter Morning Warm-Ups. Three Cons and Pros for Writing a Blog Post
I've pretty much given up on writing blog posts for several reasons:
1. I suddenly hate my blog's somewhat pompous title.
2. Nobody reads my posts, I have a zero - albeit world-wide - audience.
3. My sense is that blogging is a vanishing form of writing, dying a slow death at the hands of Twitter micro-blogging, video blogging, Instagram feeds and the likes.
So why bother posting a snippet today?
1. I can write in the privacy of my own online POST-IT notes (blog) since no one ever navigates to them.
See # 2 above under CONS.
This is cool - having a 'go to' place all to myself & accessible from everywhere.
2. Writing nonsense is an extremely enjoyable way of life. [Strongest 'pro' - enough said.]
3. All the keying, arranging and brainstorming for this tiny post serves as a warm-up for the rest of my day.
Especially today, on what shapes up to be another undecided day in a winter to spring journey.
I'm done now.
at 1:01 pm
George Seferis’ Mythistorema is a cycle of twenty-four poems, whose title could be translated as “novel. “ The poems form an expedit...
I've just been advised by Sharon Berg, the General Editor of Big Pond Rumours that the e-zine, in addition to embedding cool new pages i...
Griffin trustee @JoShapcott presents the 2018 #GriffinPoetry Lifetime Recognition Award to Ana Blandiana of Romania https://t.co/nbD8FSE...
An original drawing by Tatiana here --> The ballet lesson.
A new word in the vocabulary - the name of a volcano in Island that had turned upside down quite a few plans and even more fumes: Eyjafjalla...
"And how remote that bare and sunscrubbed room, Intensely far, that padlocked cube of light We neither define nor prove, Where you...
Ion Barbu - pen name for Dan Barbilian - (1895 –1961) was one of Romania's intriguing personalities: a superbly gifted mathematici...
I've pretty much given up on writing blog posts for several reasons: 3 CONS 1. I suddenly hate my blog's somewhat pompous...