Saturday, March 03, 2018
Winter Morning Warm-Ups. Three Cons and Pros for Writing a Blog Post
I've pretty much given up on writing blog posts for several reasons:
1. I suddenly hate my blog's somewhat pompous title.
2. Nobody reads my posts, I have a zero - albeit world-wide - audience.
3. My sense is that blogging is a vanishing form of writing, dying a slow death at the hands of Twitter micro-blogging, video blogging, Instagram feeds and the likes.
So why bother posting a snippet today?
1. I can write in the privacy of my own online POST-IT notes (blog) since no one ever navigates to them.
See # 2 above under CONS.
This is cool - having a 'go to' place all to myself & accessible from everywhere.
2. Writing nonsense is an extremely enjoyable way of life. [Strongest 'pro' - enough said.]
3. All the keying, arranging and brainstorming for this tiny post serves as a warm-up for the rest of my day.
Especially today, on what shapes up to be another undecided day in a winter to spring journey.
I'm done now.
at 1:01 pm
"And how remote that bare and sunscrubbed room, Intensely far, that padlocked cube of light We neither define nor prove, Where you...
The Canadian poet Christian Bök (b. 1966) is the author of a singular book of poetry – Eunoia, a book that was awarded the Griffin poet...
Contemporary poetry, in incessant flux & search of new poetic formulas, appears to have an unbounded arsenal at its disposal: cultural ...
A new word in the vocabulary - the name of a volcano in Island that had turned upside down quite a few plans and even more fumes: Eyjafjalla...
I am persuaded that inside each interesting poem, there must exist some sort of pause, a deep seated harmonic lull and/or apex of quietnes...
The Witch with a Very Large Hat is a short children's film for Halloween. If you liked this story, you can check out our recent boo...
March 19th, an after glow of Saint Patrick’s Day. A reason to talk about Seamus Heaney’s poetry. Seeing Things, a book of poems publ...
An original drawing by Tatiana here --> The ballet lesson.